human, we need to have a talk about you not meeting the standards expected of you by the company.
This is the single best post I’ve ever seen.
all sweaters should be like $2
This may be the strangest human brain known to science
Remarkably, this is a photograph of what was once an actual adult human brain — but without the characteristic ridges and folds. But because the patient’s medical records were lost, we may never know what life was like for this person.
Here’s what we do know. The person to whom this extraordinary brain belonged to was a resident of what is now North Texas State Hospital, a mental health facility. He or she died there in 1970. As New Scientist reports, the jar containing the brain is labelled with a reference number, but the microfilm containing the patient’s medical records have been lost.
Scientists have seen this sort of thing before — but not to such an extreme degree. It’s a condition known as agyria, or sometimes lissencephaly, in which the brain lacks the gyri and sulci, the normal ridges and folds that make up the cerebral cortex.
Typically, this condition leads to death by the age of 10 and can cause muscle spasms, seizures, and learning difficulties (on account of reduced surface area). But what makes this sample even more bizarre is that it came from an adult, leading scientists to speculate that the patient likely suffered from severe psychological defects.
More at New Scientist.
the whole penguin band
ummmmmm excuse me. excus eme.THATS IT NOT JUST A PENGUIN BAND> THAT IS THE PENGUIN BAND. THEYRE CLUB PENGUINS MOST POPULAR AND OFFICAL BAND TO DATE. MOTHERFUCKER U CALL UR SELF A FAN. U CANT EVEN NAME THEM ALL . FRANKY, PETEY K, STOMPIN’ BOB AND G BILLY. I BET U CANTE EVN NAME 5 OF THEIR SONGS BYE YOU FUCKIGN DIRSGRACE TO PENUGIN KIND. GET OFFF CLUB PENGUIN AND GO MEME IT UP SOEMHWERE ELSE
My dash did a thing
It made me laugh
So did I :’D
human why are you in cage
This is the best thing ever.
The best way to get over your cheese addiction, is to watch a mother cow scream for days as her newborn child is ripped away from her; so that you can have her milk.
HOLD THE PHONE
IMA STOP YOU RIGHT THERE
CHECK YOUR FACTS
Hi there, I’ve worked on a dairy farm. Lemme just correct you.
1. Uhm the cows don’t scream for days, maybe like for an hour at the most but they get over it as soon as you feed them. Seriously. Baby, forgotten.
2. The calves still receive their mother’s milk. In fact, they receive MORE milk than they’d normally be getting, since farmers have figured out the exact amount of colostrum a calf needs to grow up healthy, and they can give this to the baby, whereas with natural feeding the calves often get too little.
3. They receive colostrum from the healthiest cows to insure that their immune system is bolstered enough. Infections and disease are INCREDIBLY common in dairy cows allowed to suckle. Farms even freeze colostrum from the healthiest mothers, just to insure that all calves will be able to have a sufficient quality of healthy, infection-free mother’s milk.
4. The calves are also removed from their mothers due to the high calf mortality rate when left with their mothers. Cows, ESPECIALLY first-time mothers, have the tendency to not care properly for their babies. We’ve had calves with broken legs because their mother stepped on them after birthing (and yes, they have adequate space, they’re just clumsy animals) A lot of new mothers will abandon the calf, or not care for it properly, or not allow it to nurse. Other cows may push around the calves. It’s much safer and healthier for both mother AND child if the calves are removed and placed in a safer area.
5. Calves get EXCELLENT care. They are bottle-fed mother’s milk, placed in roomy, well-bedded box stalls, blanketed, cleaned, vetted. The farm kind of obviously needs them as healthy as possible?
6. Most farms nowadays don’t even completely “take them away”. The farm I worked on would allow the cows to run with their calves for most of the time. They were fed separately for the health reasons listed above, and the cows would be brought in to be milked twice a day, and separated at night so no accidental nighttime injuries happened in the box stalls. They are weaned very gradually, and spend most of the time with their mothers, contrary to what PETA would have you believe.
THIS HAS BEEN A PSA ON BEHALF OF DAIRY FARMERS THANK U FOR TUNING IN REMEMBER TO CHECK UR FACTS NEXT TIME PLEASE